“We Will Work To Increase Our “Hand Print” This Year “
Jeff Seabright, Vice President of Environment and Water Resources at Coca-Cola spoke as the keynote speaker of the CDP 2013 launch event. Manuel Villen, Innovation and Sustainability Director at OHL (Spanish construction firm) and Sue Howels, Co-Chief Operating Officer of CDP also made a speach about the best corporate international cases on climate change management.
Seabright said “We have succedded to make 40% energy efficiency since year 2000. We want to make our management not only profitable for us, but also usefull for the world. We call it as our “hand print”. We aim to increase our hand print by decreasing our carbon foot print this year, too. We target to live in a more sustainable and lower carbon level world”.
During the launch event, the details of “CDP Turkey 2013 Climate Change Report” will were e shared and “CDP Turkey Climate Change Leaders” awards were presented to : Akbank, Arçelik, Coca-Cola, TAV Airports, Turkish Industrial Development Bank, Vestel White Ware and Zorlu Energy.
Headlines from the report are:
* The response rate is increased by 65% in 2013. Among BIST-100, the number of companies that participated was recorded as 17 in 2012, whereas 28 companies responded in 2013. 11 non-BIST-100 listed companies also contributed to this year’s project.
* Open public reporting rate is still low, with only 10 companies (out of 28 BIST-100 listed) approving public disclosure of their data.
* Increased Emission reporting rate: during 2013, 32 companies (89%) declared their Scope 1 and Scope 2 data.
* Verification is still rating at low levels despite regulatory plans
* 83 % of the companies reported to have appointed a senior manager for climate change issues whereas only 65% of the companies reported to have processes to manage climate change related risks.
* Only 50% of the companies have goals for decreasing their emmisions in their core businesses.
For details of the report please contact: http://cdpturkey.sabanciuniv.edu/
You might also like
Frost&Sullivan tarafından “2015 Avrupa’da Yılın Şirketi” seçilen Bozankaya’nın, 2014 yılı sonunda tanıttığı elektrikli otobüsleri Bozankaya E-Bus’a Avrupa ve Ortadoğu’dan yüksek talep geldi. Türkiye’de üretilen elektrikli otobüslere ilgi büyüyor. Bozankaya Genel
Turkish Wind Industry Association (TUREB) published a statistical report about 2013 wind data of the country. According to the report , 77% of the installed wind plants are located in
dha.com.tr, 12.03.2014 http://www.dha.com.tr/haberdetay.asp?tarih=12.03.2014&Newsid=620915&Categoryid=9 enerjipostasi.com, 05.03.2014 http://www.enerjipostasi.com/6394–HaberGoster%E2%80%9Dalternatif-enerji-akademisi%E2%80%9D-yola-cikiyor!.html haberler.com, 18.03.2014 http://www.haberler.com/anadolu-universiteleri-temiz-enerji-istihdamina-5800649-haberi/ yapi.com.tr, 17.03.2014 http://www.yapi.com.tr/Haberler/anadolu-universiteleri-temiz-enerji-istihdamina-hazirlaniyor_118257.html habertoplam.com.tr, 18.03.2014 http://www.habertoplam.com/tr/532843d989e62717487d398f-index/Anadolu_Universiteleri_Temiz_Enerji_Istihdamina_Hazirlaniyor.html abvizyonu.com, 17.03.2014 http://www.abvizyonu.com/cevre/anadolu-universiteleri-temiz-enerji-istihdamina-hazirlaniyor.html enerjigunlugu.net, 17.03.2014 http://enerjigunlugu.net/universiteler-temiz-enerji-istihdamina-hazirlaniyo_7584.html#.Uyt-iajV9cR sondakika.web.tr, 21.03.2014